Homemade Pesto Recipe
We never realized how easy pesto was to make at home until we tried to make a low FODMAP Pesto Recipe version. You need a food processor but other than that it’s quick to make and you may never buy it from a shop again.
Pesto Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 tbsps garlic olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 3 handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 handful pinenuts (and extra to sprinkle on top at the end)
- 1 handful grated parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice if desired
- 1 handful of chopped green beans
- 1 handful crumbled feta cheese
- Gluten free pasta for 6 people.
- Put the basil, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic olive oil in the blender until well mixed and a suitable texture.
- Add olive oil to make the mixture an oozy texture.
- Steam the green beans until al dente.
- Cook pasta until al dente and drain (catching 2 tbsp of drained fluid) .
- Stir in pesto to pasta.
- Sprinkle beans, feta cheese and pine nuts on top and serve.