Gluten Free Almond and Blueberry Tart
A delicious, decadent almond and blueberry tart recipe that can be topped with your favourite low FODMAP fruit syrup
Tart Recipe Ingredients:
- 250g butter
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 500ml almond flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 250g blueberries
- 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Grease and line a 22cm deep edged baking tin
- Beat the butter and sugar together< /li>
- Slowly add the eggs.
- Stir in the almond flour and then the rice flour.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake at 150°C for 45mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into a pot along with the bean, the sugar and ½ cup water. Cook gently until the sugar is dissolved then simmer for 5 minutes more to slightly thicken the syrup.Finally add the blueberries and cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat and discard the bean.
- Pour the warm syrup over the cake on a plate and serve.
Want to know more about FODMAP-friendly eating? Get in touch with us.