Carrot Muffins Preparation Time:
Carrot Muffins Ingredients:
Cream cheese drizzle
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons crushed tinned pineapple
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten self raising free flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons block-style cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or paste
To make Cream Cheese Drizzle: (This small amount of cream cheese is low in FODMAPs)
- Preheat oven to180 degrees Celsius.
- Place muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Combine carrots, oil, sugar, egg and pineapple and mix .
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and slowly add.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Fill muffin cases ¾ full and finish with light sprinkling of brown sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- When cooled add cream cheese drizzle, if desired.
- Whip cream cheese in bowl using electric beaters. Slowly add confectioner’s sugar and vanilla.
- Drizzle over muffins when they are cooled. Keep the drizzle small.
Want to know more about eating for IBS? Take one of our programmes
Looking for more delicious FODMAP recipes? Take a look at this delicious index